Eco-Oil’s Board of Directors assumes compliance, defense and promotion of the principles of responsible action, as a fuel producer, through the commercial brand EcoGreen Power, a 100% recycled and sustainable fuel oil, in line with the principles of economy circular resulting from the transformation and recovery of waste, with environmental benefits and a smaller carbon footprint from a life cycle perspective compared to alternative fossil fuels.
It is therefore committed to adopting a management model based on the principles of continuous improvement and sustainability, aiming to be the best partner of relevant stakeholders, namely customers, suppliers, employees, shareholders and the environment.
In this sense, an Integrated Management System is established – Quality, Environment and Safety and Occupational Health, based on the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards, and a Sustainability Management System, based on the requirements of the Sustainability Et Carbon Certification international system, both based on the principles of continuous improvement of its processes, products and services.
In accordance with the defined principles, Eco-Oil intends to achieve the following strategic objectives:
- Sustainably and systematically produce fuel oil with the “EcoGreen Power” brand, 100% recycled fuel, always complying with established quality standards;
- Apply to the organization and comply with the requirements of the International Sustainability Et Carbon Certification – ISCC system.
- Improve the organization’s environmental performance through the incorporation of measures to mitigate the impacts of the activity in the processes, reduction of direct or indirect emissions of greenhouse gases and in the actions of planning, coordination, execution and control of tasks, including those related to shifts and infrastructure repair and improvement works;
- Disseminate throughout the organization and communicate the organization’s mission, vision and sustainability commitments to stakeholders;
- Systematically promote specific initiatives to improve environmental performance, to promote concrete and measurable gains in the main axes of impact of the activity, namely, in the rational use of resources, in the reduction of emissions, in the implementation of accident mitigation measures, in the efficient rationalization the use of raw materials applied in production processes and in the production of a cleaner and less polluting fuel;
- Increase its competitiveness, thus enhancing the investment necessary to strengthen its market position;
- Continuously improve services in order to meet the needs of customers and exceed their expectations, seeking always respond in a timely and preventive manner;
- Improve partnership relationships with suppliers, promoting the identification of key suppliers and supplies and streamlining the management of these relationships;
- Promote a permanent development action of its employees, seeking to increase the updating of their skills, streamlining development and training plans, as well as disseminating information and ensuring adequate integration plans whenever necessary as a result of functional profiles;
- Ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements and others to which the organization subscribes, promoting a periodic assessment of this compliance;
- Ensure that relevant aspects of environmental protection and occupational safety and health are systematically reviewed and taken into account;
- Maintain and develop the quality, environment, safety and health management systems at work, setting goals for continuous improvement, monitoring the results obtained and introducing the necessary corrective actions or setting more ambitious goals;
- Minimize the environmental impacts arising from its activity, promoting the efficient use of resources, the reduction of pollution, the prevention of accidents or incidents and the carrying out of emergency drills, all in order to guarantee the maintenance of the company’s image and good reputation;
- Provide its employees with safe working conditions and a healthy work environment, in order to prevent injuries, injuries and any other damage to health, as well as the occurrence of accidents involving hazardous substances, work accidents and occupational diseases, in order to ensure high performance standards in terms of the environment and occupational safety and health;
- Promote communication, training and professional development of its employees, ensuring the adequacy of their skills to the functions they perform;
- Involve all company employees, as well as suppliers and service providers that cooperate with it, in respect for the aforementioned principles and commitments, including those relating to the “Responsible Care” Program;
- Assume an integrated management vision having social responsibility as a guiding element, a structuring factor for sustainable development.
The goals associated with these objectives will be defined annually by the Eco-Oil Board of Directors.
The implementation of the aforementioned principles and objectives requires the consultation, involvement and motivation of all company employees, at all levels and in all circumstances. It also requires the maintenance of a good working environment and the preservation of the necessary social, psychological and physical factors that contribute to it. It is also based on a mutual and common benefit relationship with all relevant stakeholders, from a sustainable development perspective, under the UN challenges and its 2030 Sustainable Development Goals.
Barreiro, March 23, 2022