Quality, Environment and Safety Policy
The Board of Administration of Eco-Oil, in compliance of the defense and promotion of the principles of responsible conduct, undertakes to adopt a management model based on the principles of continuous improvement, aiming to satisfy the stakeholders, namely customers, suppliers, employees, shareholders and the environment.
In this sense, the company has implemented and maintains the certification of Management System of Quality, Environment and Health and Safety at Work, based on standards NP EN ISO 9001, EN ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
In line with the principles defined, Eco-Oil pursues the following strategic objectives:
- Improve the environmental performance of the organization through the incorporation of measures to mitigate the impacts of the activity in the processes and actions in the planning, coordination, execution and task control, including those related to shifts and maintenance works and infrastructure improvements;
- Communicate the organization’s mission, vision and sustainability commitments to interested parties in the organization;
- To systematically promote specific initiatives to improve environmental performance, to promote concrete and measurable gains in the main axes of the activity’s impact, namely, in conserve energy and natural resources use, emissions reduction, in the implementation of accident mitigation measures, in efficient raw materials use and applied in production processes to offer a cleaner and environmentally less polluting fuel oil;
- To increase their competitiveness, thereby leveraging the investments needed to strengthen its market position;
- Improve continuously services in order to meet the needs of customers and exceed their expectations, looking for always trying to respond in a timely and preventive manner;
- Improve the partnership relationships with suppliers, promoting the identification of suppliers and key supplies and the dynamization of the management of these relations;
- Promote a constant updating of skills of employees, streamlining training plans and disseminating information and ensuring appropriate integration plans where necessary as a result of functional profiles;
- Ensure the compliance of applicable legal requirements and others that the organization subscribes, promoting a periodic assessment of such compliance;
- Ensure that relevant aspects of environmental protection and safety and health work are systematically reviewed and taken into account;
- Maintain and develop systems of quality, environment, health and safety work management system, establishing continuous improvement objectives, monitoring the results obtained and introducing the necessary corrective actions or establishing more ambitious objectives;
- Minimize the environmental impacts resulting from the activity, promoting the efficient use of resources, reducing pollution, preventing accidents or incidents and conducting emergency exercises, all in order to guarantee company’s image and good reputation;
- Provide to all employees safe working conditions and a healthy working environment in order to prevent injuries, injuries and any other harm to health, as well as the occurrence of accidents involving hazardous substances, accidents at work and occupational diseases, in order to ensure high performance standards in relation to the environment and occupational safety and health;
- Facilitate communication, training and professional development of its employees, ensuring the adequacy of their skills to the roles they play;
- Involve all company employees, as well as suppliers and service providers that cooperate with it, in compliance with the principles and commitments mentioned above, including those related to the “Responsible Care” Program.
The targets associated with these objectives will be defined annually by the Eco-Oil Board.
The implementation of these principles and objectives requires the consultation, involvement and motivation of all employees of the company, at all levels and in all circumstances. It also requires the maintenance of a good working environment and the preservation of the necessary social, psychological and physical factors that contribute to it.
August 14th, 2020